Got a misfire think its the ignitor unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a misfire think its the ignitor unit

OK, I have had my bike in the shop for about 3 weeks now and all the issues have been fixed, oil leak and other stuff. Now according to the tech working on it there is a misfire. The carbs are very very clean, stock and synced with a manometer after bench sync. The mechanic working on it rode it about 27 miles one way and then went back to the shop. It only misfire's when under load on the road riding and only when above 4700 rpm. When in neutral it is fine. When on the center stand it is fine through all the gears. It only happens when on the road. The mechanic thinks it the ignitor unit. Is there anything else that can be checked? The plugs are new and gaped according to the factory specs and the mechanic says the coils are fine and operating perfectly. I have checked on new units but $500 seems a little expensive.

not sure ,but from my experience ignitor's work or don't.did he check when the coils were warm(after ride the bike 4 awhile)check then.

Comment

If it truly is the ignitor does anyone know what the difference between part number 32900-49410 and part number 32900-49420 besides one has leads coming out of it and one doesn't. I have an 83 gs1100gk parts bike and after referencing the parts numbers between it and my 82 gs1100g, which is a z according to the vin, almost all the motor and electrical parts are interchangeable.

Comment

Sounds more like a jetting issue to me
        1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
        80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
        1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
        83 gs750ed- first new purchase
        85 EX500- vintage track weapon
        1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
        “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
        If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Working...
        X