Electric component fixture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric component fixture

Have any of you guys got any pictures or photos of where I should be looking at fixing items such as regulator/rectifier, igniter, fuse box etc onto a gs650 1985.
    Thanks in advance
    Alistair

By " fixing" , do you mean where stuff attaches or rather how to diagnose problems related to this stuff??? This music man keeps a storehouse of info... feel free to browse

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Yeah I mean where the components are fixed onto the frame
      Thanks Alistair

Comment

I have no clue if 85's had similar layout to 81 -83 US versions, but here's a pic of the R/R on mine 81 650. It's on a plate mounted on underside of airfilter box- the ignitor is also mounted to this plate
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I would think the best way to approach this is to go to Cliff's site as already mentioned and look up a copy of the manual for your bike (assuming you don't have one).

There is usually a schematic showing where the harness goes to the appropriate devices and or pictures of them in position.

Comment

My fuse box (glass fuses) is under seat as in this pic. Some of wires in pic are not stock, as I tend to have backups in case of failure.
            1981 gs650L

Comment

Working...
            X