Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wires, where do they go?

1980 GS450 ET

Finally got a new fuel cock and just bought a new battery, but before I hook it up I wanted to make absolutely sure before I fry something.

The top circle is coming directly off the positive terminal, that looks like the only thing to hook it to but as I said I'm not sure. These were disconected when I got the bike so I'm going of nothing here. Been looking at wire diagrams and the manuals with no luck, dang pictures are tiny and black/white.

Also the blue wire at the bottom is cut and taped off, no clue what it went to.
    Last edited by Guest; 02-08-2014, 01:57 PM.

Originally posted by Detresse View Post
    1980 GS450 ET

Finally got a new fuel cock and just bought a new battery, but before I hook it up I wanted to make absolutely sure before I fry something.

The top circle is coming directly off the positive terminal, that looks like the only thing to hook it to but as I said I'm not sure. These were disconected when I got the bike so I'm going of nothing here. Been looking at wire diagrams and the manuals with no luck, dang pictures are tiny and black/white.

Also the blue wire at the bottom is cut and taped off, no clue what it went to.

You are correct that is where the wire goes, but disconnect everything from the negative side of the battery (hold it away from the (-) terminal so there is no danger of it moving back while you work). before you work on that connection. After you have it all back together then reconnect the grounds.

I don't recognize the connector with the blue wire but it may have been a aftermarket trickle charger plug since it seems to go right to a red primary.
    Last edited by posplayr; 02-08-2014, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Awesome! thanks for the help. Hopefully can get it running today.

Comment

Working...
      X