Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
    Can't wait….
    It is a little out there. Will probably be doing some exploratory testing today; I got the bug

Since nobody wants an Fing safety interlock to implement an engine immobilize, how about a fully electronic universal ignition so I can get the engine immobilize for the alarm system?
    Last edited by posplayr; 02-11-2014, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Put you talents to work on something important. I want an anti-gravity motorcycle.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
        Put you talents to work on something important. I want an anti-gravity motorcycle.
        Apparently it is possible, are you willing to pay $100M for a limited production unit?

Comment

Yeah, let me find my checkbook…...

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I would rather have a tip over sensor retrofitted to a gs.
            1984 GS550ES
            Rebuild in progress....

1983 GS750ES
            4700 miles

1978 GS1000E...Resto-mod to come

Comment

Originally posted by Mista M View Post
              I would rather have a tip over sensor retrofitted to a gs.
              Thanks, I'm keeping that in mind.

Comment

I love safety interlocks. When they are well designed, like this one. And of high quality.

Driving off with the side stand down is a very real hazard (not only for zombies like me), and spinning the rear wheel with the starter tends to cause all sorts of embarrassment.

Best side stand safety I've had is the one on my BMW -- the side stand is spring loaded and automagically folds in when lifted from the ground. It is only a good feature if one is used to it, though...

The worst one was on GFs Jawa. Standard electrical switch on side stand (side stand down AND clutch not in => no spark). Problem was that the vibrations from the engine would make the side stand switch flutter.

Full throttle on the freeway => ignition cuts out. Ignition cuts out => less vibrations => ignition back on. Repeat. Cycling quick enough to feel like loss of power, like running out of fuel.
                Made overtaking real fun until I found it.

Comment

Originally posted by ART View Post
                  I love safety interlocks. When they are well designed, like this one. And of high quality.

Driving off with the side stand down is a very real hazard (not only for zombies like me), and spinning the rear wheel with the starter tends to cause all sorts of embarrassment.

Best side stand safety I've had is the one on my BMW -- the side stand is spring loaded and automagically folds in when lifted from the ground. It is only a good feature if one is used to it, though...

The worst one was on GFs Jawa. Standard electrical switch on side stand (side stand down AND clutch not in => no spark). Problem was that the vibrations from the engine would make the side stand switch flutter.

Full throttle on the freeway => ignition cuts out. Ignition cuts out => less vibrations => ignition back on. Repeat. Cycling quick enough to feel like loss of power, like running out of fuel.
                  Made overtaking real fun until I found it.
                  Interesting problem

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                    Interesting problem
                    East bloc engineering at its finest. =)
                    Wasn't wear over time either, the thing had 1520 km on the clock. Fun times.

It is even safer now, though. No side stand.
                    Last edited by Guest; 02-18-2014, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ART View Post
                      East bloc engineering at its finest. =)
                      Wasn't wear over time either, the thing had 1520 km on the clock. Fun times.

It is even safer now, though. No side stand.
                      When you are designing things "**** happens" sometimes. Reminds me of the time .............. Oh well I don't want bore your .

Comment

OK Here is something else to add in to your "safety" arsenal.

4 corner Radar detectors and a rear view mirror camera.

It has blue tooth so you can also probably upload your video (via smart phone) onto Youtube before you ever get home.

Comment

Working...
                        X