hope this fix mygs700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hope this fix mygs700

Just got a new stator and res. For my 85 gs700 bike was blowing main fuse when i turn key on so i chrcked all wires and they good so i spent some money on new parts cant go wrong having new stuff on bike hope this works cuz i dont know what to do if not will put them on soon as this snow and rain gone put fuel stabelizer in tank so i know that ok and gonna get new battery to.

hope it works out did you did you run the stator papers first did you check the voltages or was there not the opportunity there is no magic bullet for the electrical system so you need to go through all the steps hope there is not a direct short somewhere if you have a multimeter you can use that to check around depending on your electrical know how of course best of luck with everything let us know how it turns out

Comment

Originally posted by suzukibikerider View Post
      ..... i spent some money on new parts cant go wrong having new stuff on bike hope this works .
      You might not have needed them ;as koolaid_kid said, stuff needs to be checked-don't just throw new parts at it and pray. go here and do some simple tests

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by suzukibikerider View Post
        Just got a new stator and res. For my 85 gs700

bike was blowing main fuse when i turn key on

so i chrcked all wires and they good

so i spent some money on new parts

cant go wrong having new stuff on bike

hope this works cuz i dont know what to do if not

will put them on soon as this snow and rain gone

put fuel stabelizer in tank so i know that ok

and gonna get new battery to.
        Simple way to tell if the R/R is what is blowing fuse as soon as turn on key: Disconnect R/R and see.

Last edited by Redman; 02-13-2014, 09:23 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

lol koolaid kid..... as said, be systematic, or you are just chasing your tail.
          1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Working...
          X