• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight Low Beam Not Working

Hi folks

GS850G 1986 (very similar to the 1983)

- Parking light works
    - When i switch on Low Beam, then only the parking light switches on. No Low Beam.
    - When I switch to Full Beam, then the full beam does light up

I replaced the H4 bulb, no change. No Low Beam.
    So i guess i have some electrical issue.

Before i tuck into it with my novice experience, could you folks share some tips on what to check first? Perhaps there are common issues that are easy to check/fix before other tougher tasks?

For example whilst changing the bulb, when i pulled out the wiring plug, some of it crumbled in my hand, in particular the low beam connection. So i'm going to seek out a replacement plug, for starters.

Any suggestions for other quick things to check that don't involve too much disassembly?

Many thanks
    Assaf

Ps. I presume the H4 plug assembly/connector is a standard item, right? ie I don't need to obtain some specific type or model, do I?

Any of these, for example, would be fine, wouldn't they?
    Shop by department, purchase cars, fashion apparel, collectibles, sporting goods, cameras, baby items, and everything else on eBay, the world's online marketplace

Comment

You can purchase high-temp H4 plugs at your local auto store. That is a good place to start.

Comment

I have a plug but the wiring needs to be repaired. Let me know if you want it and I'll fix the wiring and drop it in the mail for you

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

That's real nice of you cowboy.
          I'll check first if I can find it cheaply locally.

Comment

Working...
          X