infamous click

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

infamous click

no ride for me yesterday. got my carbs synched, running great. moved on to installing the new speedo and tach, checked my work as i went along, turned the key, everything lights up as should.

went to start it. click. click. click. just one click for one push of the start button. maybe i drained the battery. i'll charge it up, do some voltage tests, and then start checking/cleaning my connections from battery to starter, etc. it has to be something simple, as it started up and idled fine before i started to do the wiring.

i'm willing to bet i drained my battery. starter solenoid is fine, starter motor is fine. threw the battery charger on and i'll check it out when i get home. i'm dying to ride post carb overhaul!

Comment

I think suspecting the battery is appropiate, considering you've been playing with the connections and such...

I just had that same problem last week, but in my case, it turned out to be the starter. I ran direct 12V power from the battery to the starter lug and nothing happened.

Luckily I had a spare starter in my parts box & now all is right with the world!

Good luck with yours.
      '85 GS550L - SOLD
      '85 GS550E - SOLD
      '82 GS650GL - SOLD
      '81 GS750L - SOLD
      '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
      '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
      '82 GS1100G - SOLD
      '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

Working...
      X