No announcement yet.

suitability of Furakawa RFW and Sumitomo HM-090 connectors for switchgear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all that goes into the right switchgear anymore is the yellow/green wire for the starter button and these two orange/white wires. i'm going to put a 2-station
    Sumitomo MT sealed connector on these 2...

getting better at this....

good strippers are essential...

Comment

this is the original GS750EZ side-stand switch diode. it was still serviceable so the contacts were cleaned with CLR. it goes inside the headlight bucket in a clear vinyl tube....

this is the running/tail/instrument illumination lamp circuit branch clipped apart at the factory splice and stripped. note the corrosion, and also bear in mind that this connection is utterly, completely buried in the heart of the harness seemingly away from moisture, yet here is clear evidence of something going on. you have been warned!

Comment

a little CLR bath....

almost good as new....

Comment

running wires for the horn relay...two 12 gauge wires, green is fused hot from terminal block near battery, red splits into 2 - 14 gauge feed wires for horns. 18 gauge trigger wires, one direct to horn fuse in fusebox (Kawasaki ZX6 fusebox), the other is the stock horn wire to the switch (switch is a ground-side switch)

relay bases for Panasonic NAIS 20 relays

Panasonic NAIS 20 relay. tiny, lightweight and well built. perfect for inside the headlight bucket

pin-out diagram for Panasonic relay

horn leads finished....

Comment

here's my Kawasaki fusebox set up in my previous effort to utilize the GS1100ED harness. i modified the original electrical mounting plate to bolt it in place, however, i will probably make a new aluminum plate altogether, as well as a new battery tray. the fusebox will be re-used though.

Hayabusa switchgear

starting to prepare switchgear for Furakawa RFW connector

clutch safety switch leads for Kawasaki ZX6 clutch lever/switch all wired up with connector and run thru main conduit and back out of switchgear to clutch switch.

female terminals...

Comment

i should mention that a little Deep Creep helps the wires and seals pop into place easier

making a split in the hi-beam feed wire so one can go into the harness to connect to the hi-beam indicator; and the other end will be paired with the white (lo-beam) wire go to the headlamp relay system as trigger wires. no more big loads in this circuit.

mated connectors! yay!

taking shape. yellow and white wires are hi-beam and lo-beam trigger wires for headlamp relays

side-by-side comparison of new switchgear connections with the old GS750EZ connections

Comment

Sumitomo MT 090 connector for headlamp trigger wires

trigger wires completed

...taped up

Comment

single-station male Sumitomo MT connector shell for clutch safety wire #1...

finished connectors for clutch safety

switchgear and clutch lever on the bike for mockup

looks factory...that is if Suzuki engineers had time machines that could travel to 2005 and then back to 1983....

Comment

Looks Like a good start. That is my next task, complete plug replacement but I'll have to do it with the harness in place.
                    '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Working...
                    X