ignition relocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ignition relocation

Well I got rid of the square light and put on an older round light and now the ignition switch is too long and doesn't fit in the stock bolt pattern. Where have you guys relocated your ignition? for those that have, did you keep the stock ignition switch?

Not sure your meaning of switch?
    Where you put the key?
    Kill switch?
    Something else?

Comment

Where you put the key haha sorry should have specified

Comment

Someone else may have known what you meant.
        Let me look at a parts diagram and will get back.

Comment

My L model is not attached to the headlamp but by wire.
          Still not sure on your problem.
          In all reality you could move it anywhere with a bit of wire and a homemade bracket. The only thing you would lose is steering lock if your bike is so equipped.
          If I remember correct the key can be pulled out after start and the bike keeps running so you may want to be careful with placement to keep this in mind as you do not want to lose key while traveling.
          I am guessing because of a difference with the profile of the gauges the E model switch placement is different.
          Switched over the gauges also?
          You could possibly make the top hole in the bucket larger to fit the wires and the bottom of switch.
          You would have to pad the hole to keep from fraying wires.
          If you have the switch from what you replaced with and it is another GS, you may be able to change over the insides of the switch therefore allowing you to use the same key.

Or you could wait for some one to chime in with more of a clue then what I have to post

Comment

Working...
          X