Are these right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these right?

Are these the right bulbs? Sylvania 1073 LL. The LL is supposed to stand for long life. They are 12v 23w. Bought them at O'Reilleys and that's all I could find in that size. Could be coincidental, but ever since I installed them, the turn signals flash slow when running. Seems like the faster I'm going, the slower they flash. They flash fine when the bike is not running. Cleaned all the grounds, but it didn't change anything.

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
    1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

related?

Does this even sound bulb related, or should I be checking something else?

1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

"....Seems like the faster I'm going, the slower they flash. They flash fine when the bike is not running. Cleaned all the grounds, but it didn't change anything. "

I'd do some charging tests ,odd flashing might be an early warning .Of course you've seen this quick Test stuff

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I'm your neighbor over in Newport News, be glad to help if you need any.
        '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Slower flashing at higher RPM's sure does sound like a charging issues to me as well.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
          1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
          1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Might take you up on that

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
            I'm your neighbor over in Newport News, be glad to help if you need any.
            I might take you up on that. I'll do the quick tests first. It does sound like it could be charging related even though I thought I had that sorted with a new SH 775.

1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

I've got one on ground problems

Comment

cleaned flasher

Took the flasher out, opened it up and cleaned the contacts. Also cleaned the male prongs and female connections. Flashes correctly at all rpm's now.

1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

Low voltage to the flasher due to dirty contacts. Yep cleaning contacts is a good thing. I'd advise doing a good once over and make sure all connectors are in good shape. Usually finding one area that's bad indicates that other areas need to be looked at as well.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
                  1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
                  1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
                    Low voltage to the flasher due to dirty contacts. Yep cleaning contacts is a good thing. I'd advise doing a good once over and make sure all connectors are in good shape. Usually finding one area that's bad indicates that other areas need to be looked at as well.
                    Yep, I should have known better. I had already cleaned or replaced every connection I could find on the whole bike. Don't know how I missed these.

1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

Working...
                    X