Shoulda labeled these wires!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoulda labeled these wires!

I am reassembling my '82 GS1100 and have a few left over wires. When I turn key, lights function but it won't turn over. Here are the wire connectors that I have yet to figure out (it ran before disassembly). In the bucket I have these female bullet connectors which seemingly have no male counterpart:

Two brown wires with one female connector
    One gray wire with one female connector
    One black wire w/gray tracer with one female connector

Also, I had four black w/white tracer wires (3 coming our harness toward back and 1 from reg/rec. Am I correct to assume those can be grounded anywhere on the frame or motor?

When I arc the two posts on the starter solenoid, it will turn over. Don't want to start it yet because I have very little oil in it. I will buy oil and new filter before I turn it on. Just trying to figure out the wiring right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Scratcher09 View Post
      When I arc the two posts on the starter solenoid, it will turn over. Don't want to start it yet because I have very little oil in it. I will buy oil and new filter before I turn it on. Just trying to figure out the wiring right now.
      Look at the schematic

Comment

If I am reading the schematic correctly, then the connectors I am talking about are not support to connect to anything. But that's not good news. Now I have to figure out why my starter is not getting power.

Comment

Originally posted by Scratcher09 View Post
          If I am reading the schematic correctly, then the connectors I am talking about are not support to connect to anything. But that's not good news. Now I have to figure out why my starter is not getting power.
          Y/G comes from the start button that needs the Kill switch on. It also needs IGN on.

Comment

Don't forget the dreaded clutch danger switch.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Try grounding a black/white wire to the solenoid mounting plate. It is mounted on rubber grommets and breaks the negative side of the pickup coil on the solenoid if removed.
              '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Working...
              X