Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minimal Wiring for Cafe Racer GS 400 79

G'day all,
    Very frustrating seeing all these great bikes/projects here on the forum when all i want to do is ride! Okay enough of the poor me attitude.

Need your help!

I am after a simple drawing of a wiring diagram for my GS 400 Cafe Racer (i am 99% there now). Don from Sydney has been a great help with my project (and Pete too from QLD).

Basically this is what I have working at the moment!

1) Lights front and tail
    2) Turns signals
    3) Horn
    4) Brake lights both front and back
    5) Ignition key

I have just purchased a new battery to go under seat, new spark plugs and have only got a kickstarter. Just wont start!

I have also rigged up a kill switch!

I have the wiring diagram from Basscliff's site, but a little to technical for the newbie!

Could someone PLEASE draw me a basic diagram so i can double check everything or re-wire if necessary!

Thankyou so very much in advance. I very much appreciate the time and effort/contributions that you all put into thegsresources.com site!

Dave from sunny Sydney!

this should help, although there is no accommodation for a 4:1

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

Comment

Thanks very much posplayr for your fast reply mate! appreciate the diagrams too. Will check them out and decipher ! Would appreciate hearing from others too!

Cheers

Dave

Comment

Glad to hear you're nearly there Dave!

I've got nothing for you on this one... haven't gone down the minimal wiring path on mine, still running the stock harness.

I guess the other things to check are to make sure your carbs are primed and turn the crank over by hand with the plugs out and grounded to the engine cases to make sure whether you have spark or not.
        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

You should go from a switched battery power source to a fuse then to the kill switch and to the positive on the coil. The other wire on the coil goes to the wire coming from your points. http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/ignition/ig108.htm That website has a good basic diagram of points ignition. I would see if i even have spark or not before trying to diagnose a wiring issue.
          Last edited by Guest; 06-06-2014, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X