Skip pop at idle on cyl 2-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skip pop at idle on cyl 2-3

Ok so my issue is this. I have a skip pop only on cylinders 2-3 at idle then on all 4 in low throttle and then it opens up hard core at mid throttle and then skip pop returns mostly on cylinders 2-3 at high throttle. I have dyna s, custom minimal wire harness, jetted carbs, open 4-2 popes, pod filters. Timing is good, ignition timing is ok and all cylinders are firing and coils working...

Any ideas on solution to skipping popping

"....all cylinders are firing and coils working... "

probably not all the time, cuz this sounds like electrical problem! How about telling us the bike model/year?
    Did you do these mods or someone else?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Put a holy baffle in your popes and you might get some divine tuning. Welcome to the forum.
      '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

I may add valve clearances need to be checked also..
        -Mark
        Boston, MA
        Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
        sigpic
        1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
          Put a holy baffle in your popes and you might get some divine tuning. Welcome to the forum.
          It's probably a Borgia problem.
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Valve clearance should be the first step. If you haven't already, check the intake boot flexibility and O-rings. A complete carb rebuild with new O-rings is in order (24 hr. in carb dip) if you don't know the condition. I would highly recommend a good baffle with the good wrap in the 4-1 pipes. Besides being obnoxiously loud, they tune a lot better if you use them as designed, and a 4-1 has a good sound with the baffle. When my V&H baffle took off for the weeds, the replacement was only something like $23.00. Guess who drills the bolt and wires it now.
            '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Working...
            X