Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dyna goodies arrived... Installed... Help!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna goodies arrived... Installed... Help!!!!

Not firing up...

Switched 12v to red and top of coils, coils jumped together at this connection.

White to 1&4
    Black to 2&3

12v to coils when crank is rotated...

-Mark
    Boston, MA
    Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
    sigpic
    1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Where do those two white/black wires go to?
    '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
      Where do those two white/black wires go to?
      White to 1&4 coil
      Black to 2&3 coil
      -Mark
      Boston, MA
      Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
      sigpic

Comment

I saw that the first time. Is the white/black that is on the top screw of the right hand coil attached to the black wire, I see the white wire. Is the white/black wire on the bottom screw of the left coil attached to the Dyna red wire?
        '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

I can't see what you have done outside of your pictures. If it is the way I think in my second question, it should start if you are close on the timing. It will not start if your battery is 11V or lower.

Comment

I ran 12v switched to red wire on ignition, and to both coils (top connection now, was on lower)

I didnt have enough white and black wire so i had to use what was available (wht/blk) you cant see but they are labeled. 1&4 coil is connected to the white wire on ignition and 2&3 is connected to the black wire of ignition. She fired! Not exactly sure what was wrong as i measured 12.5v at the battery before putting it on charger...

How to i time it as i have no marks??
            -Mark
            Boston, MA
            Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
            sigpic

Comment

Got it static timed. Marks line up, fully advanced light on.
              -Mark
              Boston, MA
              Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
              sigpic

Comment

That's good enough to get it running nicely, but you should time it with a light. I never found one where 2-3 was spot on and have always had to slightly slip the module on it's bolts to get it exact. A timing light will also tell you if your mechanical advance is working properly. If you bypassed your kill switch, you might want to rethink that and do a coil relay mod. Those gas caps leak when the bike is down, a kill switch looks pretty good then.

Comment

Thanks for the assistance. Runs pretty good, i have to check 2&3 forgot to do that. I did the relay mod some time ago, and ive got a killswitch as well.
                  -Mark
                  Boston, MA
                  Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
                  sigpic

Comment

definite performance boost with the dyna ignition, wires and coils! Next, save money for a new rec/reg....
                    -Mark
                    Boston, MA
                    Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X