Help me pass inspection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me pass inspection?

So after failing inspection because my horn wasnt loud enough (really -_- ) I found that somehow my rear brake light cover had fallen off on the way home.
    I drove the route in the car but didnt see it, so now I have to replace it.
    Here's the deal though.. I'm on my last day of temp tag with which to get another inspection and ebay doesn't ship that fast, what can I do for a brake light cover?

One thing you might do is to borrow one from a local GSer, but we have no idea where you are.

Oh, we also have no idea what you need. What bike do you have?

The best way to get some help is to offer a few clues.

Please update your profile to show at least an approximate location and a bike.
    No, we don't need an address. Look in the upper right corner of my posts, you don't even see a city, but you have a decent idea where I am.
    Yeah, I have several bikes in my sig, so I do have to mention which one I might be asking about, but at least they narrow down all the possibilities.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

You might want to try adjusting the screw on the horn. That often wakes them up. For the brake light cover, maybe try some local breakers. Long shot but posting in the Parts Wanted forum might help. Don't forget to offer your location and the type of bike you have though.

Edit: Steve posted while I was typing...
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Sorry about that guys, I'm in Winston Salem, North Carolina and I own a 1980 GS850.
        For the horn I can probably clean the contacts and check connections, but the tail light cover is a real mess
        Maybe find something like this locally? http://www.vipcycle.com/red-12volt-c...FdF9OgodolIApA

Comment

I have a lens I can send you. It's not perfect, but certainly better than nothing.

It won't get there this afternoon, though.

Thanks for the profile updates.

sigpic
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

That's really awesome of you Steve
            However.. I'm pretty much sure that the reason it came off in the first place is because 3 of the 4 plastic holes in the white part were stripped.
            When I was at the inspection I had to take the cover off to put the license plate bulb in, and Im guessing when I put the cover back there wasnt enough thread to keep it there again as it didnt really wanna screw back in.
            If I had been using my head I would have just held on to it and glued it on when I got home, I never though it would just completely fall off, for some reason..
            So really I need either a cover and superglue or the whole thing, but now that I think about it I dont think anyone around here even does inspections on sunday, and since riding it tomorrow would be illegal I really dont know what to do at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Zack View Post
              That's really awesome of you Steve
              However.. I'm pretty much sure that the reason it came off in the first place is because 3 of the 4 plastic holes in the white part were stripped.
              I have a complete assembly, if that would interest you.

sigpic
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride

Comment

That would be great

Comment

Working...
                X