Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gear Indicator Dead?

Hi guys,

First of all, thanks for this forum. Places like this are an invaluable resources.

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue with my gear indicator lights. The neutral indicator works fine so I assume that the sensor itself is okay. I also have power to the orange cable that feeds the gear indicator lights (the one separate from the rest of the wiring harness). I popped in 1st, pulled the 1st bulb, and tested the two posts for voltage. The one toward the rear of the bike is energized but the other is not grounding.

Any thoughts? I've had the bike all of a couple days and am reading up on it as fast as possible. The previous owner was pretty destructive so don't assume that anything is put together properly...

Thanks!

Not sure which one you have but sounds like straight bulbs, but the is a trick 5 gear led version on ebay for about $5.it works pretty simple the o/g site powers each bulb but the one that gets grounded through the transmission gear switch gets turned on.
    Last edited by posplayr; 06-15-2014, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Sorry, I should have clarified: It's an '82 GS850G. I'll have to check the ground at the transmission gear switch. Is it a different circuit from the neutral indicator?

Comment

Originally posted by Randomize View Post
        Sorry, I should have clarified: It's an '82 GS850G. I'll have to check the ground at the transmission gear switch. Is it a different circuit from the neutral indicator?
        Look at the schmagic there are 6 wires coming from the transmission 1n2345
        Only one grounds at any time for one of 6 bulbs in the dash. Very simple.

Comment

Yes, the neutral light wire is the separate blue wire that runs alongside the bundle for the gear indicator wires.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
          X