Which honda regulator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which honda regulator?

Everyone is so hung up on the SH775, that I can't seem to get an answer. I am told that a certain Honda regulator is a decent upgrade over my stock 850's. I would like to know which one. Is it the sh538-12, or sh232-12, or some other I haven't heard rumors of? I'm not willing to shell out double the money for the 775 if the Honda stuff is OK. My pockets have been stretched thin lately with auto repairs ganging up on me.

For $70, the SH-775 is the way to go- it just might save your existing stator from the BBQ. If you want to go cheap,any honda shunt R/R will do- don't spend more than $20 on one.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

The list...

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.
      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post
        Everyone is so hung up on the SH775, that I can't seem to get an answer. I am told that a certain Honda regulator is a decent upgrade over my stock 850's. I would like to know which one. Is it the sh538-12, or sh232-12, or some other I haven't heard rumors of? I'm not willing to shell out double the money for the 775 if the Honda stuff is OK. My pockets have been stretched thin lately with auto repairs ganging up on me.

True words of wisdom...................

NOT

Read gs stator in my signature.

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
          For $70, the SH-775 is the way to go- it just might save your existing stator from the BBQ. If you want to go cheap,any honda shunt R/R will do- don't spend more than $20 on one.
          I have not found this mythical 70 dollar SH775. Maybe I don't know where to look. All I've seen is north of a C-note.

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post
            I have not found this mythical 70 dollar SH775. Maybe I don't know where to look. All I've seen is north of a C-note.
            2 Wheel Pros. $71.43

Polaris Partshouse $66.41

Dealer Cost Parts. $80.99

Nelson's Speed Shop. $80.99

Partzilla. $70.54

Polaris Parts 123. $62.64

Polaris Parts Monster. $73.70

Cycle Parts Warehouse. $71.06

Be careful before "pulling the trigger" on the cheapest one. Put them in your shopping cart and check the shipping charges. When I got mine, the cheapest overall cost was from 2-Wheel Pros, but that might have changed by now.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Well thank you! I was searching and never had these come up.

Comment

Working...
              X