Clutch perch connector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch perch connector?

I got a used clutch perch from the same year and model bike of mine, '82 GS750E, and I did this because the mirror threads were stripped and it was much cheaper to just get another perch. Only thing is that I noticed the clutch perch has two wires coming from it with male bullet connectors at the end. My current perch does not have wires coming from it, but it does have two wires that go into this little slot and it just sits there not connected to anything. I don't have any pictures right now, but can anyone offer any advice before I can snap some? Thanks all!

Clutch safety switch?

Comment

What is that? I'm not sure what and where that is located.

Comment

It sounds like the slot you are referring to has a small connector that was attached to the clutch safety switch and it has been bypassed. the new perch you have is still wired for it.

A picture may be necessary to diagnose this, or take a look at your wiring diagram.

Comment

That's all it's for is the clutch safety switch. If you didn't have it hooked up before and you don't miss it, no need to hook it up now.

Comment

Working...
          X