Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know what this connector goes to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know what this connector goes to?

Found this hanging free after installing a new clutch cable tonight. Anyone know where it goes?

It slips on the post of your oil pressure switch.
    '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Check in front of your hand, should be the top of a sending unit in the center under the carbs.

Comment

Yep.
        What they said,
        In center, behind cylinders, under carbs, on top of crankcase.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

As oldvet said it slides on to the post on the oil sending switch located in the center of the case directly behind the cylinders.

Comment

Thanks guys. Seems pretty straight forward but I must be blind. I can't find anything that looks like a male spade. Is it to the left or right of the tensioner?

Comment

That is not a spade connector, It slides on a round post with a flared top. You're not blind, it's just a male thing, you don't see it because you are expecting something else and have built an image of what to see in your mind.
              Last edited by OldVet66; 07-13-2014, 10:18 PM.
              '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Checked the manual... Now I know why. It isn't a male spade connector, its a post. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                X