Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct fuse sizes - 82 GS750E?

Hi,

What are the correct fuse sizes for the 5 fuses on this bike?

Thanks

Main fuse 15ampther 4 are 10 amp - one is for"accessory" wire
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
      Main fuse 15ampther 4 are 10 amp - one is for"accessory" wire
      Think he can figure out where they go?

Resistive roulette always works

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
        Think he can figure out where they go?

Resistive roulette always works
        Sure, and he's probably done your quick test already to avoid the temptation of trying larger fuses!
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Your too confident!

Well I'm fair in the electrical area but thanks for the vote of confidence! I'll go top to bottom

Comment

Top to bottom works well on lots of stuff,but this might not be one of them.
            Does your fuse box look like this?
            For this style box, the fuse next to rusty screw terminals is the accessory fuse,next one is the 15 amp main fuse
            Last edited by tom203; 07-14-2014, 11:39 AM.
            1981 gs650L

Comment

Awesome Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mret430 View Post
                Well I'm fair in the electrical area but thanks for the vote of confidence! I'll go top to bottom
                Apparently you don't have the fusebox cover, as all fuse amp ratings are marked there. The ratings are also indicated in the schematic in the manual. Since neither of these was providing you with the information required and they are basically the only things I know that define the specific amp ratings of each circuit I was mildly amused to learn I how you were going to find the correct holes based on the question you asked:

Comment

seems like a new set of fuses works wonders!!!!!!!! thanks and i'll see what the next day or two brings.

Comment

Originally posted by mret430 View Post
                    seems like a new set of fuses works wonders!!!!!!!! thanks and i'll see what the next day or two brings.

I see we rely on miracles.

Comment

Working...
                    X