No announcement yet.

80 to 83 fusebox upgrade help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checked out your rebuild thread,yes that pic was enlightening.Was going to post that pic in my first post,not sure why I didn't

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
      I'm not sure that after market box it is better than a stock blade fuse box. Probably better than the old glass type.

I'm doing the last run of SSPB's so if you dont have an order in already then they are not available any more.
      My bike has the glass type. I didn't know that any of the GS series came with blades.

Comment

Originally posted by Triam View Post
        My bike has the glass type. I didn't know that any of the GS series came with blades.
        On the 1100e from 82 on all spade type many others as well. They do not have the crimps and pigtails like the old style. Only thing to watch are contacts you can see from outside.

Comment

connector is wired and ready for install.

Ready for weekend soldering.

Thanks for everyone's help!!!!!

Comment

NVM figured it out. The red wire with no continuity to the + on the front is to the Ignition Switch.

Ok im soldering it all up now i just have 1 more question.

On the wiring diagram for the fuse box it appears mirrored to what i actually see looking at the fuse box assembly so does that mean the right side of the 15 amp fuse goes to the ignition switch and the other to the battery? Or should i solder the red that has no continuity to the + on the front of the assembly to the Ignition Switch
            Last edited by Guest; 07-19-2014, 11:48 PM.

Comment

You have to determine two things.
              1) which red wire goes to the battery?
              2) in the fuse box which red wire is not connected to the accessory hot?
              If you can figure that out, then connect those two.
              The remaining red should be obvious.

Comment

Working...
              X