Is a accel super coil 14043 adataptable for a 82 gs1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is a accel super coil 14043 adataptable for a 82 gs1100

I have a accel coil that I want to put on my 82 gs1100.I was just wondering if i can install this without doing any harm to the electrical system.,like the rectifier?Thank you

no...........
    plus where would you mount 4 of these anyways?

Comment

Ok thanks it looks like there's plenty of room.just have to modify the mounts?wat about the wiring?there are 2 posts for the negative wires. Only 1 on each side of the wiring harness. Does the 1 from the wiring harness have to be split and grounded to both posts on the cool? Thks

Comment

First off I'm assuming that you posted the wrong part number. The part number should be 140403 or 140403S. That coil is suitable for use in an inductive ignition system and should be compatible with the stock ignition. They're a 3 ohm coil so no real issues there.

Finding the best way to mount them is the only real issue and that may not be too difficult. Electrically they're pretty basic. Other then that, it's just simply wiring them up. Common +12V (O/W wire) to both coils and a triggered ground for 1&4 (W wire) and a triggered ground for 2&3 (B/Y wire).

The Accel instructions are a little confusing. It says to attach the positive wire to the positive side of the coil, which is correct, but you need to connect the W and B/Y wires to the ground terminals of each coil prospectively. Those wires connect to the igniter and switch ground to the individual coils.
        Last edited by JTGS850GL; 10-26-2014, 01:09 PM.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
        1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
        1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

pics of the accel coil model number and connections thanks

Comment

i responded to the part number posted...it is a large car coil.
            the picture you show came from the factory with a mounting kit and will/would have fit your bike with little effort.

Comment

pics of my bike

Comment

Been on and of the site tday.Plus trying to fig out posting pics.I have not been on the site in a long time.Went for a ride tday to was nice.
                Just didnt want to tear the bike apart and try and put the coils on if they will not work.Thanks for the help
                I will use your intructions on the wiring when I attempt it.
                if I remember the wires from the harness.There are only 4 wires.So I am assuming I have connect 2 leads of the 4 wires?Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X