GS1000G distance sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000G distance sensor

I am working on my badly hacked wire harness on my 80 Gs1000g. What is this distance sensor that i am seeing on the wire diagram. Is it needed for the signal control unit to perform correct. What ever it is, its been chopped off my bike.

thanks,
    Daniel

self cancelling turn signals use a timer and a distance sensor to kick off the blinker . you can live without it
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

You will find it inside the speedometer housing. It is a small reed switch that is on top of the actual speedo, inside the housing.

The reed switch is just a thin cylinder, about 1/8" or so in diameter and an inch long, has a couple of wires attached.
      I believe one wire is black, with a red stripe, the other is blue, with a red stripe.

It responds to a magnet that is spinning inside the speedo, which is turned by the cable from the wheel.

As Trippivot says, the signals will work just fine, they just won't auto-cancel.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks, i will check in to it. I will need to find a instrument cluster, the one on it is busted up pretty bad.

Comment

Working...
        X