1980 GS 1000 G need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 GS 1000 G need help

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I've been on here I just got a new bike it was destined for the junk yard but I saved it. Someone started a build on it and I believe there are some parts missing, there are several plugs, male and female, that I have no idea where they go. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also I seem to need a reminder on how to post pics, Thanks

Did previous owner's build involve sawzall action, or just electrical work? Head to Basscliff's site and scoop a readable wiring diagram. Probably find clues to plugs. He also can explain pic posting.

put your bike/model/year in your signature, maybe your location too!
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Provide the wire color, location and type of connector, we will make some reasonable guesses as to what the wires are.

I agree with Tom, please edit your profile to show your location and add a signature to show your bike.
      Nothing fancy needed in the sig, and the location does not have to be real accurate, mine is a good example of that.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

WR,

Welcome back to GSR.

Yah, like Steve said, describe the connectors and many of us can probably help.

Describe by type of connector, like "Rectangular, white, two rows of three" and list the color of each wire, like red, green/orange (main color first/ stripe color second).

Close focus pictures would be good too.

Last edited by Redman; 12-10-2014, 11:09 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
        X