Need help with battery drainage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear you've got it worked out.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
    1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
    1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Nice to hear it got resolved, good job troubleshooting!

Don't feel bad about getting mixed up with the diagram. I'm fairly experienced with electricity (repaired avionics in the military and now hack at home for fun) but I still managed to screw up my coil relay mod. After I had it all wired up, everything tested as expected and seemed to work properly. The next time I took it for a ride, however, the engine stalled as soon as I hit the left turn signal. The first time I thought it might have been a fluke. The second time, I knew I had done something wrong. I don't remember exactly what it was now, something to do with choosing the wrong ground point. Once I fixed that amusing little issue it had been working great ever since.
      Charles
      --
      1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
        Problem fixed. Sometimes I think I'm a bit simple. I was getting mixed up with the diagram on the relay mod, I kept thinking "switched input supply to #30" meant the wire coming from the orange/white, not what it was actually supposed to be, direct 12V from the the fuse panel or battery with an inline fuse.....duhhh. Thanks everyone for the help and best thing is I've now learned how to properly test for parasitic battery draw
        Well done sir.

Comment

Working...
        X