Issues with a HID conversion kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with a HID conversion kit

I have a 1980 GS850G it has all the original wiring. the original headlight works but its extremely dim, pretty hard and dangerous to ride at night.

I've used and installed HID kits on cars before and never had an issue.

The light comes on for a quick second when the key goes into the ignition and then flickers and turns off. i though it was because i didn't have enough power so when i start the bike still nothing, the bulb lights up when i switch fro hi to lo, but it doesn't stay on.

when i turn the bike off and keep running lights on if i switch from hi to lo, the bulb stays on from 5-10 seconds and then dies, and you can hear the HID ballast trying to warm up but then turns off

Heres that kit that i have in 35W http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/MO...rcycle-HID-Kit

I read that it could be that my wiring is too old to support the charge or that the fuse is not strong enough. I really don't know much about electrical so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the DMM Tuning 55W H/L version and at first I couldn't get it to turn on. I even tried it on a battery. Called tech support tried to reproduce the problem and it worked. It was operator error in the hook up.

Anyway, I was testing mine by pulsing the 12V power and various low voltage conditions and it was pretty robust. Certainly nothing as bad as a aging fluorescent light ballast. Check your connections using a straight battery.

A couple of tips:

If the fuse is not blowing, then it is "strong enough".

If you are concerned about your wiring run the HID straight to the battery through a fuse. (which as I recall is how it should be)
    Last edited by posplayr; 02-26-2015, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X