Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 Wire R/R.. Need some advice pls!

Hi Folks!

I'm replacing my old rectifier with a working part from a Honda VF1000. I had a few questions and was hoping someone here might be able to answer them.

1st - Sense Wire: I've ready many different things. From running it from the fuse box, running it from the tail light or just running it right from the battery (with a relay to prevent drain?). What is the best way to go with this?

2nd - Extra Wires: Since this is a 8 wire R/R it has 2 red and 2 green wires. I'm trying to figure out what to do with those. Do I just put them together (red / red -> bike red) etc? Or do I cap one of them.

Sorry if these questions have already been covered. I have read and read on the forums and not been able to find my answer.

Thanks in advance!

In gs charging health there is a schematic for wiring when there are doubled up wires. In answer to your questions the you generally just run in parallel the doubled up wires. I would confirm with a honda schematic that the green is a ground. As far as sense wire the best is a relay next best is brake light wire. The battery will work but with too much battery drain and is normally only gone as a test.
    If you have two grounds (eg greens) the you could alternatively run one to your SPG and the other to the battery. It might be better that way but it would depend on the specifics of the install. The schematic I mention will work fine,
    Last edited by posplayr; 04-05-2015, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
      In gs charging health there is a schematic for wiring when there are doubled up wires. In answer to your questions the you generally just run in parallel the doubled up wires. I would confirm with a honda schematic that the green is a ground. As far as sense wire the best is a relay next best is brake light wire. The battery will work but with too much battery drain and is normally only gone as a test.
      If you have two grounds (eg greens) the you could alternatively run one to your SPG and the other to the battery. It might be better that way but it would depend on the specifics of the install. The schematic I mention will work fine,
      Thanks for the quick reply. I kinda assumed as much but I couldn't find any schematics. I do actually have 2 grounds and 2 positives on this rectifier.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X