Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have blinkers now, but they dont blink.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have blinkers now, but they dont blink.

Hey guys, so after getting into the groove at the new job I finally found time to work on my project some more (82 GS750t). When I bought the bike, all the blinkers were gone. I bought 2 pairs and wired them into the existing cables that were tied to the frame in areas where one would assume a blinker goes. My problem is that if I press my switch to blink left, both left blinkers turn on and stay solid, there's no blinking to be had. Same thing happens when I try and signal right. As I ride it every now and then, just to be safe at night all I can do is turn the switch on and off to simulate blinking. No idea what it could be, any input would be awesome, thanks!

I suspect the relay. When you switch the blinkers on, do you hear/feel a slight click from the relay?
    The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

Are the lights you bought the same wattage as the factory lights, or did you decide to use LED or some of those mini lights?
      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrano View Post
        I suspect the relay. When you switch the blinkers on, do you hear/feel a slight click from the relay?
        Yeah when I hit the switch, you can hear it want to blink, as it hesitates in the beginning right before they stay lit solid.

Comment

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
          Are the lights you bought the same wattage as the factory lights, or did you decide to use LED or some of those mini lights?
          TBH I am not sure about the wattage. I wanna say they are the same, they are not LED, I went with simple blinkers off ebay with regular bulbs.

Comment

Working...
          X