Fuel Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Gauge

I want to replace my factory gauges with smaller ones, but I hate the thought of giving up my fuel gauge. Has anybody used an aftermarket gauge, or one off another bike?
    78 GS 1000

Thanks

Nothing???

Comment

Yep - I have a universal speedo w/ fuel gauge on my GR650. It's still in testing, but the fuel gauge worked.

Comment

anything is possible

Comment

Now that I think about it, there are a few GS bikes that come with a separate -ish fuel gauge. As in, it is mounted to the standard cluster but it would be possible to mount it separately. The stock fuel gauge on my GR was in the tach housing..... so not quite so easy to relocate.

But on the universal one I have now, it only gives 2 options for the fuel gauge (difference resistance settings for bike models?). I picked one of the two and it works fine so far.

Comment

Are your universal gauges analog or digital?

Comment

As far as "Anything Is Possible" goes, I have considered finding a 1.5-2" guage housing & removing the factory fuel gauge & face from the tach & putting it in the housing... But that's kind of a long way to go...

Comment

Acewell has some great products if you would like an all-in-one housing

Comment

Everything is digital, except the tach (which still uses an electronic pickup). Here is the one I'm using from ebay:

Comment

OK, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X