1985 GS550E unable to quick test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 GS550E unable to quick test

I just got this bike. I replaced the rectifier regulator on it and it still has the exact same problems of turning off and not turning back on after turning off. The lights dim when trying to turn it on and I have to jumpstart it almost every time. I can't do the quick test on the stator because it doesn't have the alligator clips it has full plastic clips with all of the cables inside. So how do I test this stator if there's no way for me to unplug it from the bike? Also, I can't find anywhere where they show the cables coming from the stator. I'm pretty lost.

You cannot dc the stator from the harness? That is strange. OEM is a largish bullet connector that uses a slide-able thick rubber sheath over the metal.

Take and post a pic.

Comment

also get a meter your battery is most likely toast.

Comment

After a full night of charging and trying to run the test. Then turning the bike off it won't turn back on. Currently charging it again.

Comment

hmm got not meter? Does it not even make the lights glow? It could be the switchegear or grounds. Get a meter on thzat thing.

Comment

I put a meter to it and the battery is down to 12.4. By the way I replaced the battery and rectifier.

Comment

Were you putting a lot of hours on the battery? 12.4 is low for being on a charger all night.
              SHe may be toast. Try jumping it with a non running car. That should juice things up nicely.
              If it still does not start check fuses and connctions and starter etc.

Refer to the manual avalable on the basscliff website its the bible for this bike.

Comment

What we know as posplayr's quick test, doesn't require you to find the stator leads- that comes later when you fail the test
                Please start with fully charged battery if possible and report all 6 results

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
                X