Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colors

Are the wire colors the same for the '82 and '83 GS1100e?

Originally posted by bix49 View Post
    Are the wire colors the same for the '82 and '83 GS1100e?
    Likely,but sometimes a PO gets creative! Heres the G versions in case you missed Basscliff's library.

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I think the only thing that changed from '82 to '83 was the color of the paint on the bodywork and the black paint on the engine.
      All the wire colors are (probably) the same.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        I think the only thing that changed from '82 to '83 was the color of the paint on the bodywork and the black paint on the engine.
        All the wire colors are (probably) the same.

well the 83 motors got "BLACK"

Comment

Thanks. It's just the wire colors I was uncertain about. I thought I read something a while back that said a couple wires had changed color from '82 to '83. Oh, the bikes only had one owner, me.

Comment

Thanks. It's just the wire colors I was uncertain about. I thought I read something a while back that said a couple wires had changed color from '82 to '83. Oh, the bikes only had one owner, me.
            The answer is in the other thread you started. Pix of the Bike? EZ/ED?

Comment

...the bikes only had one owner, me.
              That's kind of rare. Sure would like to see some pics.
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
              X