Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna III for 1982 GS 650L

Hello all,

I am rebuilding a 1982 GS650L. When I purchased it, it did not run and came with a Dyna III signal generator. I did not care much since I was planning on a full rebuilt. So far so good on the rebuild. I am almost done and getting ready to see if I can start the motor. I notice I am not getting any spark from the plugs. I checked the signal generator and it is fine, the coils may be bad but that is the next step.

While I was researching information, I ran into information that is leading me to believe the Dyna II is not compatible with my bike. Does anyone know if the Dyna III is compatible with the GS650L? If not, can you recommend any other type of signal generator that will be good? I like the Dyna S set up better since it does not have the outside module like the Dyna III.

Also, I purchased some 3 ohm Accell coils. Have not installed them yet. My rebuild is almost done. I am wrapping up the wire harness (had to redo it). All I need to do is paint the seat cowl (cafe style), tank and front fender.

Thanks all!

George

The dyna s is about your best bet if you want a simplified system. Check my install thread for what you need to do to put a dyna s on your 650l

Comment

Working...
    X