Honda r/r tutorial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda r/r tutorial?

So the search function hasn't helped much but I was wondering if anyone has actually made a picture tutorial for the infamous Honda r/r mod? I know 'duanage' sells premade kits but I scored a r/r for a song. This weekend I'm hoping to swap in a sh232-12 from a cx500 into my 82 gs450. I tested it and it's good. I know basically what cuts and splices to make but for redundancie's sake I was curious as to anyone else's set up.

Here you go..... Read this

P.S. I used a shunt sh-232-12 for years, but read up on series units and why they are better choices.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Ah, guess I overlooked that one! Thanks! Yeah I'm aware of the series r/r units and their superiority but seeing as this is just a 450 I'm not that concerned since my voltage output isn't that of say a 650 or above. Its mounted underneath the seat as well so it'll have plenty of airflow to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun6691 View Post
        Ah, guess I overlooked that one! Thanks! Yeah I'm aware of the series r/r units and their superiority but seeing as this is just a 450 I'm not that concerned since my voltage output isn't that of say a 650 or above. Its mounted underneath the seat as well so it'll have plenty of airflow to boot.
        Voltage or charging currents are related to electrical loads not engine CC's. Most bikes have the same loads owing to the DOT required lighting and usual dual coils. he smaller engines seem to allow the stator to keep cooler, but that is no guarantee or substitute for SERIES performance.

Comment

I suppose I misspoke but that's the general idea. From what I've heard, the smaller cc bikes don't torture the stator and r/r as much as the larger cc bikes. That being said I wasn't too concerned. If my wallet was abit fatter I'd spring for the series unit but the Honda shunt units have shown to be a reliable budget friendly upgrade from my understanding. If it fails then I'll join the series club lol. So far I'm only in this for $10
          Last edited by Guest; 11-20-2015, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X