Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn signal connections 1986 GS550ES

Hey Everybody,

I have a 1986 GS550ES I picked up a couple of weeks ago. Runs good, but when I got it from the seller he had put new turn signals on it, hooked up, but apparently not correctly, cause they don't work! He gave me a PDF manual for it, but it is for a 1983 GS550 and I don't know if the wire colors are the same. What are the colors I need to hook these bad boys up?

Based on parts fiche, this bike had running lights along with turn signals in front signals. You got to find out which wire goes to which....running lights would go on with ignition. A multi meter will tell you. Are these replacement blinkers that you inherited similar? Are they LEDs?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I already got it sorted out... I figured that the third wire in the front was for running lights, and the PO put on those made in china little plastic teardrop looking things, no running light function there, but I finally got the correct repair manual for it, and sorted that out.

Comment

Working...
      X