I need some help with wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some help with wiring

I admit to being limited in any sort of electrical knowledge so I have to ask for help.

I am in the process of cleaning and lubing all the connectors in my wiring harness and have ran into a problem. Hopefully I can express this so it is understandable. I have a green wire with a yellow tracer (g/y) that goes from the starter relay up to the headlight bucket.
    Inside the bucket is a 3 wire connector with 2 o/w and 1 y/g connecting to an o/w, o, and y/g. This connector went into the switch housing on the RH side of the handlebar. This connector also has an off shoot. This off shoot y/g plus the y/g from the starter relay connect to 2 y/g wires that came from the RH handlebar switch area. I can't see a way for it to connect inside the switch. Also those 2 y/g going to the switch are twisted together and not attached anywhere. This I learned as I was pulling this wire through the headlight bucket.
    I do have the wiring diagram from the FSM in front of me but like I said, I have little electrical knowledge.

Thanks for any help you all can offer.

Larry
    Last edited by alke46; 02-24-2016, 11:04 PM.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend, now for sale.

Nothing? Really? I know this forum is smart enough to figure this out. C'mon all you electrical gurus, a little help please.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
      Also those 2 y/g going to the switch are twisted together and not attached anywhere. This I learned as I was pulling this wire through the headlight bucket.
      Are the Y/G wires twisted together suppose to go to the clutch switch ?
      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Y/G wire goes from the start button to the "safety" switch at the clutch lever.

It is very common to disconnect the "safety" switch by separating the connections then re-connecting the starter button wire directly to the solenoid wire. What is done to the "safety" switch wires is up to whoever did the job.

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
          Are the Y/G wires twisted together suppose to go to the clutch switch ?
          Probably, that's what post #4 suggested also. Thanks for your reply.

Originally posted by phydeauxmutt View Post
          Y/G wire goes from the start button to the "safety" switch at the clutch lever.

It is very common to disconnect the "safety" switch by separating the connections then re-connecting the starter button wire directly to the solenoid wire. What is done to the "safety" switch wires is up to whoever did the job.
          This makes it all clear now. Just another PO job that had me confused. Thanks for replying.

Larry
          Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Working...
          X