Looking for good advice on replacing headlght with dual headlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend has this restomod Honda.
    I really like what he did with the headlight.
    it's from a wrecked cbr600.
    I think the windscreen is the modified/cut/upside down windscreen.20150430_142851.jpg

Comment

Here's another picture.
      I think the angular style of this headlight works on this bike.
      There are literally thousands of used dual headlights from wrecked bikes on eBay available.
      All kinds of shapes and sizes.
      I've got a dual headlight out of a gxr600 that I'm mounting on my 1100E.20150430_142905.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by TiiMuch View Post
        Here's another picture.
        I think the angular style of this headlight works on this bike.
        There are literally thousands of used dual headlights from wrecked bikes on eBay available.
        All kinds of shapes and sizes.
        I've got a dual headlight out of a gxr600 that I'm mounting on my 1100E.[ATTACH=CONFIG]46482[/ATTACH]

For sure,no way you can look at that and think agricultural!

Comment

The modern lights like I pictured have sealed housings and some even up/down adnusting knobs

Comment

Originally posted by TiiMuch View Post
            The modern lights like I pictured have sealed housings and some even up/down adnusting knobs
            True, dat. Some of the factory twin lights look ok without their associated plastic around them, too.
            ---- Dave
            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Here is the setup I'm working on.
              It's a dual headlight out of a pre 2010 GSXR.
              From my initial trials I'm pretty sure I can mount it using the stock GS1100E headlight brackets turned upside down and mounted back onto the fork legs on the side opposite to where they were originally.
              The top and bottom headlight both have big external housing adjusting knobs that allow for up/down adjustment.
              I intend to cut/trim a sport bike windscreen to fit the contours of this housing to make a small fairing/instrument hood as well.
              I will post updated pics as it comes together.20160717_082417[1].jpg

Comment

Front view
                20160717_082403.jpg
                Last edited by Guest; 07-19-2016, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X