3.5 and 4 mm bullet connector cleaning brushes finally found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3.5 and 4 mm bullet connector cleaning brushes finally found

I found these at Harbor Freight and couldn't pass it up. So I tried them on a couple of female bullet connectors on my gs750. I sprayed some contact cleaner in there then a few seconds with the proper size brush and they are clean. Virtually no corrosion that I can see with a flashlight and magnifying glass. For $2 you'd be hard pressed to beat it.

FYI: Honda uses 3.5 mm and Suzuki and Kawi use 4 mm

Only wish they were brass but so far haven't found them. 17 cal bore cleaning brush might work but I haven't tried one. .177 cal = 4.5 mm which might be too tight at first
    Last edited by Guest; 07-14-2016, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Been cleaning all of the electrical connections on the 750 using those brushes on the female bullet connectors with QD Electrical contact cleaner. I used Scotch Brite on the male ends. Very pleased with the results. As an experiment I measured the resistance before and after cleaning. Had .5 ohm before and 0.0 ohm after. Those numbers were typical on about 5 tests of different connectors except the right rear turn signal. Light would not light up before. After cleaning, light is bright and blinks normally.
      Last edited by Guest; 07-15-2016, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Very cool,will have to look for something like it up here.

Comment

Working...
        X