Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000 GL Turn signal not flashing

Hello,

The turn signals on my 1980 GS1000 GL are not flashing. After installing some aftermarket indicator lights, the turn signals would not flash. I read up and learned it was due to the voltage being to low. I re-installed my original indicator lamps. The signals will light up but not flash.
    I followed the directions on my Clymer book for testing the Signal Control Unit test, but due to lack of knowledge with a multi meter, I may be doing it incorrectly. I am in volts on the device, but getting no read out whatsoever. I figured I'd turn the key to the on switch. Curiously now that the signal control unit is not connected, my turn signals flash completely fine. I'm at a loss for what might be happening here .
    I haven't done any major electrical changes. All I've done is grounded the R/R to the negative battery terminal, and replaced a few gang connectors next to the coils.

Control unit out of bike.

new connectors.

original ligh s and connections.
    Last edited by Ricardomontoban; 07-23-2016, 02:29 PM.
    1980 GS100GL| Work so far: Progressive Springs, Hagon Shocks, Regulator Ground, Shims, Exhaust Gaskets, Rebuilt Carbs w/O-rings, Silicon Gaskets, LED “bulb.”

Are these aftermarket lights of the LED variety?
    The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

The lights are the original Suzuki now. What I had on before were aftermarket items.
      1980 GS100GL| Work so far: Progressive Springs, Hagon Shocks, Regulator Ground, Shims, Exhaust Gaskets, Rebuilt Carbs w/O-rings, Silicon Gaskets, LED “bulb.”

Comment

Working...
      X