Relocate Ignition switch/key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relocate Ignition switch/key

Has anyone relocated their ignition key if so can you post pictures.

Also has anyone moved the fuse box to behind battery?

Was looking at getting a battery tray with sides (holes) to match my theme and put the fuse box behind battery to open up side area where covers were. Any pics?

Thanks

Have not done it, so I don't have pictures, just a few suggestions and things to keep in mind.

1. The ignition switch also doubles as a fork lock. If you wish to retain that feature, you will need to cobble something up to lock the fork.
    2. The ignition switch switches more than just the ignition. Yeah, it basically turns on the whole bike, but there is a separate circuit that is just for the tail light. If you move the switch, be sure to move ALL the wires, too, or at least be prepared to do some re-wiring to maintain your tail light.
    3. We have had a few change their switch location, maybe they will chime in. That is usually something done on "choppers" which we don't see many of on this forum.
    4. The fuse box can be moved anywhere your heart desires, just be prepared to do a LOT of patches to the wiring harness, as all the wires are sized to put it exactly where it is.
    5. You are going to have to provide some pictures of a "battery tray with sides (holes)" so we have an idea of what you are trying to do. Most who are trying to "open up the side area" will move the battery entirely, so it's different that someone want to install "sides with holes".

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
    X