loose wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loose wire

so does anybody know where the red wire from the power terminal source goes,20170702_180617.jpg manual doesnt really say or show.

I'm going to say the battery or starter solenoid but it would be really helpful to also know what bike you are talking about and what end of the cable you are looking at
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

79 gs1000 my bad. p.o took it off so i think it goes to the relay but where the manual doesn't really show.
      Last edited by Guest; 07-03-2017, 06:51 AM.

Comment

It is an unnecessary auxiliary fuse. They were never hooked up to anything. I would remove it and it's bracket. It would make some nice space for a relay if you wanted one. It looks like you have the original split regulator and and rectifier. You would be wise to look into replacing them with a single Series R/R. Those old systems were very bad and were prone to overcharging and frying the stator.
        Last edited by OldVet66; 07-03-2017, 08:43 AM.
        '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Thank you. got get a test light and see where the power goes because it wont do anything right now no click clack or any thing. Been sitting for awhile. So might need to clean some switches check some wires 2012 was awhile ago.

Comment

Working...
          X