No announcement yet.

Oil pressure light will not work after removing oil temp sensor GS1150 / Kat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The light was working perfectly before I removed the oil temp sensor and installed a top end oiler.

I removed the pressure switch and it works fine when grounded, the sensor and the switch are miles apart so hows this casue the switch not to ground when there is no flow?
    I even tried earthing the bolts but no go. I would really like to have the oil flow light working.

what am I missing here?
    Current Bikes.... 81,1230Kat, 86,GSXR1100, 86,RG500,
    The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

if the oil pressure light goes out when you ground the wire, the oil pressure switch must be at fault. Cleaning it may help.
    Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
    VM Carb rebuild tutorial
    Bikecliff's website
    The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

what happens if you unhook the oil cooler and place the temp sensor back in ?

It may be the oil line to the cooler does not allow oil pressure to build up on the pressure switch location enough to open the oil pressure switch properly.
      Last edited by Rijko; 07-04-2017, 06:10 AM.
      Rijk

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
      VM Carb rebuild tutorial
      Bikecliff's website
      The Stator Papers

Comment

This is with out the bike going, turn ignition on and oil light on. Add top end oiler and light is off.
        Current Bikes.... 81,1230Kat, 86,GSXR1100, 86,RG500,
        The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

Comment

any chance the oil feed tube you screw into the oil temp hole hits the oil pressure switch and grounds it ?
          Rijk

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
          VM Carb rebuild tutorial
          Bikecliff's website
          The Stator Papers

Comment

Sounds like the little spring on your oil pressure switch has given up. If there's only a tiny bit of slack at full extension of the plunger it's time to replace.
            79 GS1000S
            79 GS1000S (another one)
            80 GSX750
            80 GS550
            80 CB650 cafe racer
            75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
            75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Working...
            X