Dyna 2000 on a gs1100g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna 2000 on a gs1100g

So i got a GS1100G as a project bike and it has a dyna 2000 on it but the bike will only start up if i put the screws on the bottom of the dyna 2000 cdi box on a part of the frame or a grounded bolt. I hooked up the ground wire for the box to the battery but I'm wondering if the dyna needs to be mounted to the frame though that seems weird to me. if anyone knows how the dyna should be properly installed then i would love some imput and pictures if possible.

Have you checked with dyna?

Performance Electronic Products | Ignition Module & Systems | Fuel Tuners | Dynatek
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

My dyna 2000 held with velcro on my old gsxr.
      There is a black with that need to be grounded.
      Marc
      AIR COOLED MONSTERS NEVER DIE
      1978 GS1000C X2
      1978 GS1000E X2
      1979 GS1000S
      1979 gs1000
      1983 gs400e

Comment

My gs1100gk has one too. Dumb question but what does the dyna dd200 actually do?

Comment

If it is mounted to the battery box; quite often the battery box is not well grounded.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

It have different advance curve and a retard mode for turbo-nitrous.I still have one for another project.They usually put this on stock bike because its cheaper than a OEM system.
            My 1000 have the dyna S to get rid of points.
            I can swap the Dyna system with a stock system if you want.
            I have 3 GK igniter, pick up coil and other stuff.
            Marc
            AIR COOLED MONSTERS NEVER DIE
            1978 GS1000C X2
            1978 GS1000E X2
            1979 GS1000S
            1979 gs1000
            1983 gs400e

Comment

Ignition system

Originally posted by kochic View Post
              It have different advance curve and a retard mode for turbo-nitrous.I still have one for another project.They usually put this on stock bike because its cheaper than a OEM system.
              My 1000 have the dyna S to get rid of points.
              I can swap the Dyna system with a stock system if you want.
              I have 3 GK igniter, pick up coil and other stuff.
              Marc
              I have an idea to mount a wire that goes from the bottom screws to the frame but i would be interested in just buying a full ignition system from you though im not sure if i need the coils as my has accel coils on there and I've heard that they are really good coils but tell me what it would cost shipped to 83252.

Comment

Originally posted by Dre View Post
                My gs1100gk has one too. Dumb question but what does the dyna dd200 actually do?
                It allows you to change the electric ignition and advance it or retard the firing of the engine pistons it also allows you to change the rev limiter on the bike. I sadly dont know much about what advancing or retarding the spark does in the bike but i would imagine that it would allow for a much finer tune on the bike to help it run smoother but someone else will probably be able to explain this better then i can.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                  If it is mounted to the battery box; quite often the battery box is not well grounded.

is the ground for it the screws on the bottom or is the black wire that comes off from the connector that connects to the ground on the battery?

Comment

Working...
                  X