GS1000S New gauge face kits - Available very soon but need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000S New gauge face kits - Available very soon but need help

Well the gauge faces are well under way now, having completed the 260 km/h version, which I think has the oil temperature in farenheit ??? See pic below.

I've tried to research to the best of my ability, the UK spec MPH version, and it seems to be a bit odd that all UK spec speedo's I see only have a MAX of 140 MPH, whereas the Euro spec KM/H MAX goes up to 260 KM/H, which equates to nearer 160 MPH.
    Also..... I've noticed that the only MPH gauges I find only have a MAX of 11K on the tacho, whereas the Euro spec have a MAX of 12K.
    Incidentally, both the speedo and tacho faces on the MPH version measure 85mm in diameter.
    Though the layout of the UK spec 140MPH gauges look more like the GS1000E, I do know that the 'E' gauge faces measure 87mm in diameter. I also know that ALL GS1000S speedo gauge faces have 4 individual cutouts for the trip meter, unlike the GS1000E etc which simply have an oblong cutout.

Can anyone shed any light on the gauge differences between GS1000S model years, country origin spec and the like.
    Anyone who can help enough may be eligible for a FREE set too!

Thanks in advance, Will.

GS1000S 260 km kit.jpg

I doubt this helps at all, and certainly doesn't answer what your asking but my US import 1980 GS1000G which I've been told on here has had UK clocks fitted because US spec only went up to 80mph (I still don't believe this by the way) Speedo goes to 140mph, revs to 12k and odometer is a single long cut out.

This is the only pic I have to hand when I was sizing up new bars, but I could get a better photos, specifically of the clocks if you wanted

as you can see the red in my rev counter has faded to white so I would actually be quite interested in what you're doing here.

Comment

Thanks for your quick response, and yes ALL GS850G & GS1000G USA spec bikes only had a 80mph speedo.
      I already do the gauge kits for your model (see pic).
      Will
      GS850_1000G mph.jpg

Comment

Oh cool how much are they and how easy to fit?

Comment

I usually charge £33 per kit, but anyone on this forum can have the 850/1000G/E kits for just £26 + £3 P&P (recorded delivery).
          PM me for my Paypal address please if you would like to go ahead.

You can read all about them here (GS1000E link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183098759...84.m1555.l2649

Comment

that's great, thanks Will, not got the budget at the mo but will certainty give you a shout if that changes. for now need to focus on putting the engine back together :-)

Comment

Just an update for anyone needing new gauge faces for their GS550/750/850/1000 etc.
              I have quite a few kits now available, which can be found on ebay. Example: for GS750 see https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUZUKI-GS...YAAOSwkVVbbZsU
              For all others simply click on "See sellers other items".
              If you don't see what you need then by all meand get in touch with me and I can easily accomodate your requests.
              Best regards, Will

Comment

Will, are you interested in doing other decals? I have a GS550 in the finishing stages, and there are three or four warning decals which aren't available anywhere. I have originals.

Cheers, Steve
                1980 GS550ET

Comment

I can post a picture of the 1980 models for both USA and Canada, I'll take a couple tonight and get them posted for you.

David

Here they are, Canada with KPH, USA with 85MPH speedo.

Also both have 8500 RPM Redline

Last edited by Kiwi Canuck; 09-21-2018, 11:21 AM.
                  2018 Honda Africa Twin AS
                  2013 DR 650 Grey, sold 1981 GS 650E Silver,

1980 GS1000ST Blue & White, X2

2012 DL650 Vstrom Foxy Orange, in storage
                  1981 CT110 X2 "Postie Bikes" Gone to a New Home.
                  2002 BMW 1150 GS Blue & White - Sold
                  1975 BMW R90/6 Black - Sold 1984 GS1150EF Sold
                  1982 BMW R100 Africa trip, Stolen - Recovered- Sold
                  1977-1980 Suzuki GS550, GS1000E, GS1000S GSX750, GSX1100,s
                  Hondas ST90, CR125 CB175 , CB350 CB750, NSU Quickly, Yamaha RD's 350/400,

Comment

Mine
                    No signature

Comment

Working...
                    X