83 GS1100e 1&4 cylinder not firing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 GS1100e 1&4 cylinder not firing

Any help is appreciated. The coils are good. What do I look at nexts? Thanks

What method have you used to verify coil function?
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

If you switched the coils to eliminate a bad coil, it is the crank trigger/ignition plate. I have them if you need or Dyna Ss also if you want to upgrade.
      Ray.

Comment

Have you checked the plug caps?

Are 2&3 okay?

when you say cylinder not firing, do you mean spark plug not sparking .... or do you mean no combustion in the cylinder....?
        Last edited by Redman; 03-28-2018, 08:04 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
          What method have you used to verify coil function?
          I’ve switch coils.

Comment

The spark plug has no spark. I switched the coils, and both are working.

Comment

Yes, I’ve swapped coils, checked wires & caps. Still no spark on 1&4. I have no experience working on Suzuki. I just pulled the bike out of my neighbors garage. He bought it new and only has 34K on it. It’s been maintained by a dealer and is in fairly good shape. I rode it home on 2 cylinders ( just 2 Miles). I don’t want to spend a bunch of money on it. With that being said , I think I would rather replace with stock crank trigger ignition plate.

Comment

I assume this is a factory electronic ignition if so the trigger pulsar things have a coil resistance check. it should bein the manual

section 11-3 of the oem manual
                BL-G WIRES 250 TO 360 Ohms.
                Last edited by Cipher; 03-29-2018, 09:00 PM.
                1983 GS 550 LD
                2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Forgive me for my ignorance, but is this what Suzuki calls the signal generator assembly? I’m not wanting to upgrade. Just wanting to get it running well so I can turn it. What do you have to have for your trigger/ignition plate? Thanks
                  BTW sorry for the delayed response. I haven’t had much time to work on it. I do appreciate your help.

Comment

How much would you have to have for your used pickups/pulsars? I would be interested. Thanks

Comment

you sometimes see em cheap on ebay as part of a misc packae of parts
                      did the resistance test show a fault?
                      1983 GS 550 LD
                      2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Call me. PM sent.
                        Ray.

Comment

Working...
                        X