Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First- power but no start. Second try- No Electrics!! 83 GS1100E Help, please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
    Do pray tell.
    Bought it from Duaneage many years ago, when I first bought the bike, I had put off replacing it, as the original recitfier was working boffo. I ordered it from the forum here, an SH232 Honda R/R with 6 wire output, and my original seems a bit different from any schematics I'm seeing in your links, my original has 5 wire output15306403881743805772129041425574.jpg
    The one on the right is my original (complete with melted connector) and the one on the left is the SH232 that came to me wired as such
    Last edited by Guest; 07-03-2018, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Walsh View Post
      Bought it from Duaneage many years ago, when I first bought the bike, I had put off replacing it, as the original recitfier was working boffo. I ordered it from the forum here, an SH232 Honda R/R with 6 wire output, and my original seems a bit different from any schematics I'm seeing in your links, my original has 5 wire output[ATTACH=CONFIG]55533[/ATTACH]
      The one on the right is my original (complete with melted connector) and the one on the left is the SH232 that came to me wired as such
      The SH232 is better than most all other SHUNT r/r's. and those that Duanage sells have a good track record.

You can see the quote below, it specifically says it applies to the 6 wire and the diagram is 6 wire.

If you have a coil relay mod, then that would be better but in the absense of that connecting the brown sense wire to the output of the ignition switch would work.

Comment

I did find BassCliffs step by step instructions. But one thing that has me stumped, is what has failed that would cause a zero power when the key is turned?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Walsh View Post
          I did find BassCliffs step by step instructions. But one thing that has me stumped, is what has failed that would cause a zero power when the key is turned?
          You probably have crappy grounds causing your solenoid to not to work or worse you lost the ground for the entire harness. The stock harness has problems even if perfect. Follow the directions.

Comment

One piece of information: The kill switch only effects the ignition circuit: power to the starter button and power to the coils. Will not effect other things like the lights. ( I say this based on expereince/knolodge with 650G, 850G & 1100G, and I think it applys to the Es also.)

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
              Maybe the gods will have mercy on you and it's just the small wire from battery positive to fusebox that got fried.
              My bet the B/W ring lug under the front of the battery box is compromised.

Comment

Working...
              X