Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schindengen Series R/R alternates to teh SH775.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schindengen Series R/R alternates to teh SH775.

BTW there are a whole lot more Series R/R's available from Shindingen. You can buy new in Qty 10 from this website. I don't know what the price is. Someone might want to make a group buy or just make a bulk buy to sell on Ebay.

SH782 22A
    SH775 27A
    SH821 32A
    SHxx1 37A
    SH640 22A
    SHxx2 37A
    SH785 28A
    SH572 25A

Any of the units that start with FH are also 3 phase/MOSFET but are not series implementations
    Last edited by posplayr; 07-17-2018, 02:16 PM.

Try this link. Jim, I tried yours and page not found.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Descriptions are a bit ambiguous, seeming to simply say that a particular r/r is part of a series, and not specifically a series regulator as we know them.
      ---- Dave
      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

It does say "P/N: SH775 Series" etc. at the beginning of each description once you click on the link for each individual regulator rectifier, but the last one listed also says that and it starts with FH for the model number.
        '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
        '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
        '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
        '79 GS425stock
        PROJECTS:
        '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
        '77 GS550 740cc major mods
        '77 GS400 489cc racer build
        '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
        '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

Found an SH821 on ebay. Off of a 2016 FZ07. $56.99
          Feel The Pulse!

1982 GS1100E with Tracy one piece body
          2007 Roadstar Midnight Warrior

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Can anyone confirm whether the listed R/R's are indeed series-style units? I've scoured the internet and turned up nothing concrete. I emailed Shindengen but have yet to hear back. I realize that the easiest thing to do is just go with the known quantity SH775, but if one of the others was to fall in your lap it would be nice to know for sure.

Comment

They outline what kind of R/R implementations they use on this page: https://www.shindengen.com/products/...otorcycle/reg/

But to determine which model uses which implementation, I guess you'll have to send an inquiry (Link on the same page, leads to: https://www.shindengen.com/contact/electro/ )

The good thing is it seems that they've made some headway recently, and now list their distributor network. So now I might get them from a nearby/trustworthy source instead of the amash!t/fleabay gamble.
              #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
              #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
              #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
              #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Originally posted by Skinner View Post
                Can anyone confirm whether the listed R/R's are indeed series-style units? I've scoured the internet and turned up nothing concrete. I emailed Shindengen but have yet to hear back. I realize that the easiest thing to do is just go with the known quantity SH775, but if one of the others was to fall in your lap it would be nice to know for sure.
                SH in the part number refers to "series implementations.

Comment

I emailed Shindengen directly regarding the SH821, asking whether it was series or shunt. As it turns out it is a shunt regulator. A portion of the email from Shindengen follows:

"Thank you very much for inquiry through our company website.
                  We are very pleased to answer to your demand.

SH821 is a shunt voltage regulator."

I replied to the email asking which of their regulators were series but have not yet received a reply.

Comment

Nice follow up... I have a bunch of shindengen shunts that begin with SH- Like sh-232...but some of the sh units (sh-233?) were used with field controlled alternators found on some hondas and yamahas.

I saved this pic 4 years ago

image.jpg
                    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
                    X