Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ERROR: European source of Shindengen SH-847 series reg/reg (turns out it's fake)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ERROR: European source of Shindengen SH-847 series reg/reg (turns out it's fake)

The SH-847 is effectively a later iteration of the SH-775, but has an increased rating of 50A.
    They've been getting fitted to V-Strom 1000s for a few years now and seem to be just as good, if not better than the venerable 775.
    It's a toss-up whether to buy a new Compufire or one of these, now.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/372372203350

It's somewhat ironic that Polaris have cashed in on the unexpected demand for 775s from the motorcycle sector and somebody made the bone-headed decision to drastically increase the price of them, thus greeding themselves out of the market as far as I'm concerned.
    I'd still quite happily buy a used 775 but a lot of breakers are now waking up to the above-mentioned demand and prices have climbed, to the point that the listed 847 (or a Compufire) take not much extra saving to get hold of.
    Last edited by Grimly; 08-14-2018, 05:10 PM.
    ---- Dave
    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
    The SH-847 is effectively a later iteration of the SH-775, but has an increased rating of 50A.
    They've been getting fitted to V-Strom 1000s for a few years now and seem to be just as good, if not better than the venerable 775.
    It's a toss-up whether to buy a new Compufire or one of these, now.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/372372203350
    for some reason they will not ship to UK in that link miserable krts

yet what appears to be the same firm has this one that ships to uk. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spannungsre...sid=m570.l1313

and this one.

Last edited by fastbysuzuki; 08-13-2018, 03:42 PM.
    The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
    1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
    past bikes. RF900
    TL1000s
    Hayabusa
    gsx 750f x2
    197cc Francis Barnett
    various British nails

Comment

Is there any physical fitment advantage for the 847?
      Jim, in Central New York State.

1980 GS750E (bought used June,1983)
      1968 CB350 Super Sport (bought new Oct,1968)
      1962 CA77 305 Dream (bought used Feb,1963)

Comment

I think the 847 is physically larger so fitment may be more difficult.
        Jordan

1977 Suzuki GS750 (My first bike)
        2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
        1973 BMW R75/5

Comment

Originally posted by fastbysuzuki View Post
          for some reason they will not ship to UK in that link miserable krts

yet what appears to be the same firm has this one that ships to uk. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spannungsre...sid=m570.l1313
          Damn, the one customer review says it's a fake - ie, a shunt type.
          I've dropped the seller a question, and will report what he says.
          ---- Dave
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.

Comment

Yes, you are correct, the SH-847 is both larger than the stock unit, and the SH775. On my 1982 GS1100E, I just replaced the stock unit with a true SH-847 this last May, not an imposter or counterfeit one like most you see on EBay. Be vey very careful on any purchase of any product labeled Shindengen, way too many counterfeit ones all over the internet. The outfit I used was Roadstercycle.com. I would rate his service excellent, very prompt responses from the owner himself. If you go to his website, he has the exact mounting dimensions or footprint template of the SH-847. It is quite a bit larger than stock unit, would not fit under my side panel like the original. But luckily the air box was already gone, so I flipped it around so it mounts inside the frame rails. It might fit under the tail section on a 1982-83 GS1100E, but not certain about that. Just an option to look at. Also, one of the reasons I used this outfit was he offered both a nice universal mounting bracket kit, and a nice wire harness/plug kit with good quality Weatherpak style plugs and good quality crimp ends and solder ends, so you have a choice on how you can connect to your stator wires and wire harness. It also comes with comprehensive instructions written in working man's English. The shipping was prompt, time from payment to my doorstep was 2 days. He says he ships worldwide also......

Comment

I installed a SH847 on my 06 Triumph ST last March which I purchased from Partzilla using Suzuki parts # 32800-31J00. It's a stock part for 2014-16 V-strom. Paid $154 plus shpping. Maybe you already know this. The mounting holes are wider. 100mm if I remember correct. I'm pretty handy at making adapter mounting plates from 1/8" ally.
              Last edited by Charlie G; 08-14-2018, 11:43 AM.
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                Damn, the one customer review says it's a fake - ie, a shunt type.
                I've dropped the seller a question, and will report what he says.
                After a bit of footwork, in which they said they'd never claimed it was a genuine Shindengen unit, the seller came clean and admitted it a) isnt genuine and b) is a shunt type.
                Funny that - looking at the listing, you'd think it was genuine and series. Another one to avoid.
                ---- Dave

Comment

Originally posted by maicojoe View Post
                  Yes, you are correct, the SH-847 is both larger than the stock unit, and the SH775. On my 1982 GS1100E, I just replaced the stock unit with a true SH-847 this last May, not an imposter or counterfeit one like most you see on EBay. Be vey very careful on any purchase of any product labeled Shindengen, way too many counterfeit ones all over the internet. The outfit I used was Roadstercycle.com. I would rate his service excellent, very prompt responses from the owner himself. If you go to his website, he has the exact mounting dimensions or footprint template of the SH-847. It is quite a bit larger than stock unit, would not fit under my side panel like the original. But luckily the air box was already gone, so I flipped it around so it mounts inside the frame rails. It might fit under the tail section on a 1982-83 GS1100E, but not certain about that. Just an option to look at. Also, one of the reasons I used this outfit was he offered both a nice universal mounting bracket kit, and a nice wire harness/plug kit with good quality Weatherpak style plugs and good quality crimp ends and solder ends, so you have a choice on how you can connect to your stator wires and wire harness. It also comes with comprehensive instructions written in working man's English. The shipping was prompt, time from payment to my doorstep was 2 days. He says he ships worldwide also......
                  Just found the diagram this morning and thought I'd share. This thing is HUGE!
                  Jordan

1977 Suzuki GS750 (My first bike)
                  2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
                  1973 BMW R75/5

Comment

Working...
                  X