Quick question about SH775

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question about SH775

My regulator went and I ended up having to go to a Polaris dealer since I was out in the middle of nowhere at the time and couldn't manage to get a lower priced seller to ship to a general delivery address. Anyhow, it's a real deal SH775 and is marked SH775BA. Everything works as it should but as I was looking up the battery I decided to check to see if there was any draw, it measured 1.15v between the negative battery terminal and the end of the ground cable, couldn't get it to read anything amp wise. Hopefully I'm just being a bit too picky here, if anyone has any insight please advise!
    1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
    1982 GS450txz (former bike)
    LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Stay calm...you bought it from a polaris dealer,so it must be a genuine sh-775. (Unless it was in the chicago area).
    Put away your meter, sounds like stray magnetism affecting your meter
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Did you test your old one to see if it showed any draw?
      1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Originally posted by TxGSrider View Post
        Did you test your old one to see if it showed any draw?
        No, I didn't. Seemed to me I saw something once about regulators that caused a draw so I gave it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
          No, I didn't. Seemed to me I saw something once about regulators that caused a draw so I gave it a shot.
          If the wire is disconnected there is no "draw" (ie. current). If you connect it to ground, there will be no voltage (but then maybe some "draw").

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
            If the wire no is disconnected there is no "draw" (ie. current). If you connect it to ground, there will be no voltage (but then maybe some "draw").
            I stand erected.

Comment

Working...
            X