Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help identifying 2 schematic pics. 81' GS650.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help identifying 2 schematic pics. 81' GS650.

Ok, I am rewiring my harness being it is now a rigid frame for one, two, all wiring is going through the main neck.
    Any who... as I am re-drawing the schematic to fit what I have left, I ran into two parts that escaping me....

What is the “Red Color Tube”?

Edited: I am pretty sure that the the “O/R” and the “Gr” are tied together as they exit this connector and then they to the “Y/W”.
    Secondly, the “W/R” & “W/G” are jumper’d on the backside of the connector.

I may have more in depth questions... but I am hoping to get an answer to what it is and go from there.

For a little more clear... the O/R that “dead ends” into he connector; between the Y and the G.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Guest; 09-30-2018, 03:59 PM. Reason: further explan

Ok... believe I figuring out a little more...
    From pic 1, the W/R (from Regulator) and W/G (from generator) should be able to just tie closer to them instead of all they way up by the handlebar switch.
    I have traced the O/R back to Fuse #4 in the fuse block.
    From the fuse block, O/R first tees off and runs to a deal ends at the connector in pic 2 then runs up to the connector in pic 1, ties on the other side the Gr & Y/W.
    Gr feeds power to one side on the ignition switch and then onto Br feeding the tail light. Gr feeds power to the License plate, speedo. Y/W feeds the dimmer.

With all this said... my presumption is that as long as I make O/R “keyed” power to run the before mentioned items, that’s 2-3 wires I don’t have to run separately?
    Last edited by Guest; 09-30-2018, 04:28 PM.

Comment

One of the three stator output leads went up and thru the headlight switch on the 81's...later 650's lost this feature .
      Have alook at this diagram... It is a slow loaded so be patient! Let me know if you can't see it!

OneDrive photos, enjoy, share & organize your photos
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I am using a different schematic. Its a B&W out of the GS650G manual. Sorry... the pic posted was not discernible.
        It doesn’t show that wire going through the light control and back to the Generator.

From your pic, not sure what the “Lighting switch” is.
        Thanks though.

Comment

That’s better...

Comment

This is where I am at up to now.
            A little cleaning up and adding some relays. Keeping the amps down through the switches.
            Edited... This is my latest rendition of the wiring schematic going into the bike.
            Last edited by Guest; 10-02-2018, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X