Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap Sh775

Looks a good one https://www.ebay.com/itm/32351094643...&ul_noapp=true
    The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
    1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
    past bikes. RF900
    TL1000s
    Hayabusa
    gsx 750f x2
    197cc Francis Barnett
    various British nails

Yes, it does.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Surprised it's still there.
      Meanwhile on the stall beside we have this trap for the unwary.
      A new RZR800 unit for $31 and free shipping..............
      At least this one doesn't claim to be a direct replacement for the SH-775.

You have been warned
      97 R1100R
      Previous
      80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

My electrician and go to electrics guru is of the oppinion that the SH775 r/r unit (the real ones) are so good that, buying a used one is a smart bet. So, since he has yet to steer me wrong, bought a used one exactly like the linked one off a damaged snowmachine for about the same price. In combination with a clean harness and direct to stator wiring and the posplayr SPG model... seems to give me voltage numbers that are so good & consistant that they are boring. (boring is good)
        Anecdotal yes, and have not yet had several seasons of success to boast about but... so far, by the numbers it's solid and confidence inspiring.

Comment

Originally posted by scratch View Post
          My electrician and go to electrics guru is of the oppinion that the SH775 r/r unit (the real ones) are so good that, buying a used one is a smart bet. So, since he has yet to steer me wrong, bought a used one exactly like the linked one off a damaged snowmachine for about the same price. In combination with a clean harness and direct to stator wiring and the posplayr SPG model... seems to give me voltage numbers that are so good & consistant that they are boring. (boring is good)
          Anecdotal yes, and have not yet had several seasons of success to boast about but... so far, by the numbers it's solid and confidence inspiring.
          What you electrical friend is describing is what is known in reliability engineering as the bath tub effect and infancy mortality. Basically the used sh775 is very reliable because it was in service beyond any initial break-in that might have caused failure and it is in the flat portion of the bath tub where there is s very long useful life. This apples pretty much to anything electrical but especially the heavily potted packaging. So the same for the compufire as well. Anything that gets hot will wear out faster which is especially true for the OEM units.

Comment

"...one off a damaged snowmachine for about the same price. "

What model " snowmachine " ?
            1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

That unit looks like a great deal.
              I had some ebay bucks to spend so I snatched up a couple of cheap SH775's recently. I'll test them to verify function and then offer them up here. Some guys get freaky about buying used parts but these used SH775's are low risk for sure.
              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

The name is derived from the cross-sectional shape of a bathtub: steep sides and a flat bottom.

The bathtub curve is generated by mapping the rate of early "infant mortality" failures when first introduced, the rate of random failures with constant failure rate during its "useful life", and finally the rate of "wear out" failures as the product exceeds its design lifetime.

In less technical terms, in the early life of a product adhering to the bathtub curve, the failure rate is high but rapidly decreasing as defective products are identified and discarded, and early sources of potential failure such as handling and installation error are surmounted. In the mid-life of a product—generally speaking for consumer products—the failure rate is low and constant. In the late life of the product, the failure rate increases, as age and wear take their toll on the product. Many consumer product life cycles strongly exhibit the bathtub curve.[1]

Comment

Which end is the plughole at
                  97 R1100R
                  Previous
                  80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post

I belive they were fitted to a ski- doo not sure of the model and they are labelled with SH775AA

Last edited by fastbysuzuki; 10-22-2018, 04:22 PM.
                    The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
                    1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
                    past bikes. RF900
                    TL1000s
                    Hayabusa
                    gsx 750f x2
                    197cc Francis Barnett
                    various British nails

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                      What you electrical friend is describing is what is known in reliability engineering as the bath tub effect and infancy mortality. Basically the used sh775 is very reliable because it was in service beyond any initial break-in that might have caused failure and it is in the flat portion of the bath tub where there is s very long useful life. This apples pretty much to anything electrical but especially the heavily potted packaging. So the same for the compufire as well. Anything that gets hot will wear out faster which is especially true for the OEM units.
                      Makes sense to me... thanks for giving the concept a structure.

Originally posted by tom203 View Post

My mistake, it's a suffix BA from a Polaris Ranger... when I see "Polaris" I automaticaly think snowmachine. What it came out of was less important to me than that stamped image on the side identifying it as the genuine article.

All of this was just to point out that in my experience, a used one worked out great & cheap.
                      Why a used one is a good gamble has been illustrated in the cool bathtub chart.
                      Why I mentioned it is; because used electrics in general are percieved as risky and I though I would share my positive experience.

Comment

Is there a difference between SH775AA and SH775BA? I am shopping for one for my 85 GS1150E.
                        Last edited by KEV; 10-22-2018, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KEV View Post
                          Is there a difference between SH775AA and SH775BA? I am shopping for one for my 85 GS1150E.
                          There is no difference as far as I know. The BA always has the Polaris part number while the AA always has the SeaDoo part number.
                          Jordan

1977 Suzuki GS750 (My first bike)
                          2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
                          1973 BMW R75/5

Comment

Originally posted by KEV View Post
                            Apparently, the seadoo part# is 710001103
                            1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Annoyingly enough I made an offer on that particular SH775 but it was overnight in my time and I missed their counter offer, and someone did a buy it now at the full price and I missed it... I know for next time now just to buy it! Unfortunately it seems the shipping prices have become obscenely expensive... some sellers are up to $US50+ to send an R/R to Australia now! Still cheaper than buying a used one locally though... if you can find one...
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
                              X